Sunday, November 11, 2012

6 Months

Today hits the 6 month mark of us living in Massachusetts. It has flown by very slowly if that makes sense. We feel like we've been here forever and yet sometimes it feels like just yesterday that we moved (similar to the mission, I'd imagine). We are enjoying it. We like the differences in homes, in the accent, in climate (I love the climate here), and in autonomy. We also very much miss the conveniences of home (Utah). We miss our families, our friends, the Diamond House, our doctors, our day-to-day life and activities. But, we love meeting new people, people from all over with various different demographics. We love welcoming them into our lives and them welcoming us into theirs. This is still a bitter-sweet experience, and I think it will be unless we totally let go (which is nearly impossible to do). Shawn and I take turns being homesick, and I actually think that I have dived into making this more permanent than he has. After 6 months, it is starting to feel like home. I still can't get around without the GPS but I get where I need to go. We love our rental house and are so blessed to have it. Shawn is diligent with his work, and I love watching him learn new things. Our kids are changing rapidly, every day. I was going through Maverick's clothes the other day, and I came across his tiny, newborn clothes. I can't believe that he fit in those just 6 months ago. He is so fun. I feel like he's been part of our family forever. Lanie's a riot too. They are my little buddies that entertain me all day long. When I go places without them, I miss them because I am just not used to being alone and they give me so much to live for. Shawn is the cutest, I mean cutest daddy. He teaches me to be patient and find the joy in the day-to-day activities. I am learning. I hope to forever explore things with my sweet little family and learn from them and treat every day like a vacation. This 6 months has really put things into perspective for me and helped me stretch, relax, and explore. For this I am grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment