Tuesday, February 5, 2013

December in Massachusetts

Music with Carrie

Lanie loves going to this music class. This was especially fun because Lanie got really into it and became Carrie's sidekick. They put red stickers on their noses and pretended like they were all Rudolph and then they threw cotton balls and sang about snow. Such a cute program!


Mother Goose Reading Time

Lanie had a blast (can you tell???) singing, dancing, and reading stories with the other kids at the Northboro Library. She even got Shawn doing the actions (something we love about Daddy's schedule is that he has some mornings off to do fun things like this with us!)

Bathtime Buddies

These two LOVE bathtime, especially together!!!

Jordan Furniture Enchanted Village

Edaville Railroad

This was so fun!!! We went to a Christmas Village that had a little fair going on. We got to ride a train around the grounds and lake, rode on the rides, sat on Santa's lap (not pictured), and played in a ball pit. The kids loved it and so did we.

Pre-Christmas Christmas

We decided to do Christmas and Shawn's birthday here in Mass. before we went to Utah. We had Christmas Eve dinner and opened our ornaments. The candles are from the 4 weeks of advent. Lanie woke up on OUR Christmas morning, got her stroller and Dora doll from Santa, emptied her stocking, and opened presents all before Maverick was awake. We had a lot of fun with her. Shawn gave me clues for my present; he gave me like 6 different presents. I opened a foam letter "U." Then a "B." Then an "M" and "I." Then I opened a toy wheel broken off of Lanie's toy car. The last one I opened was a wrapped up date (the fruit). I was like "Thanks???" It took me all day of thinking about the clues to guess what his present was,."Wheel U B MI Date (Will you be my date)?" Clever, right? But date to where or what....? I still did not know. Anyway after opening presents, Shawn went to work (kinda funny since it was "Christmas"); When he got home, I had decorated our bedroom door with balloons and his birthday presents. The only thing I failed to remember was a birthday cake...ooops!!! The next day, we packed up and got ready to fly Home for the Holidays.

Quiet Book

This is the quiet book I made the kids for church. It's great, time consuming, but paid off when I saw them playing with it. They love it AND it really does keep them quiet. Phew!!! This was my homemade gift and project for the month of December. This year I vow that I am not doing any projects, just enjoying my family and the season. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment