Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lesson Learned

So our sweet Lanie was struggling with bedtime after all of the chaos of Shawn traveling back and forth with work, the move,a new baby, and Lanie not having stability for awhile. Shawn and I were at a loss of what to do. My mom will attest also to the fact that we tried everything. The frustrating part was that I was doing our regular bedtime routine, that never failed, and it wasn't working in the slightest; I read to her, rocked her, sang to her, tucked her in and put the usual music on. But nothing seemed to settle her. I remember praying for some guidance and an answer to this problem. The answer came one night in a way that I did not expect. Shawn tucked her in and came out and said, "Prayer." I questioned him with, "What?" He explained that Lanie asked for him to say a prayer. AMAZING! Who knew that prayer was the one thing we were missing with our 2-year-old's bedtime routine? And I have to admit I felt guilty that my 2-year-old had to remind us of this. I learned a great lesson that day and since then, every time we put Lanie down to bed we offer a prayer. She folds her arms in her bed and often times falls asleep during the prayer. She is a gem about sleeping now. Never under-estimate the power of prayer and what little children are here to teach us. Thank you Lanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment